Saturday, November 21, 2009

Still celebrating...

I had a great birthday on Thursday. I turned 40 years old. Everyone at the dojo surprised me with a party at the dojo with balloons, presents, lots of fatty foods, and good wishes from good friends. I then went to dinner with my parents, Olga, Malcolm, and Polina. When I got home, I found that I had a new king size memory foam bed waiting for me. I drank a Belhaven Scottish Ale with my dad and after everyone left, I went to bed and slept like a little baby. Great day!

Olga will not tell me what she has planned for today, but I know she has been "working on something" all week. She told me not to plan anything for today and that she "has Saturday covered". I don't know what that means, but when I was thinking about ordering the UFC pay per view, she said not to and that I will not have time to watch it anyway.

Right now, her and Polina are doing something away from the house. Malcolm and I are just lounging around.

No strength training for me today...maybe tomorrow. On Monday, I will receive the protein and creatine supplements I ordered. Paying money for a product is always a good motivation for me to get off my duff and get to working out.

Anyway, Monday morning I will be on the elliptical, burning off some fat and the calories I'm sure will be packed on this weekend. The gym and the dojo will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday, so I am hoping to work out every day but those two. Maybe I'll still manage to get to the dojo on Friday to hit the bag and do some plyometrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment