Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dialing it in...

In July, I was able to spend a considerable amount of time lifting weights. I was supplementing my nutrition with multi-vitamin, 2-3000 IU of vitamin D, whey protein, creatine, and nos. Mid-July, by body weight peaked at 254lb. I felt in good shape both in strength and cardio endurance. However, knowing that I plan to visit/train in Russia  during the month of October, it was time to start a slow and steady weight cut (I don't want to be stuck with the over 100k Judoka there).

I am currently at 236 and continue to drop. My goal is to be under 220 by the end of September. If training goes as well as expected while in Russia, I plan to compete in the U.S. at some BJJ and Sambo tournaments this winter.

I have taken a couple of weeks off from lifting weights to let my body recover. Today is the first day back to it. Time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment